What is TeleHealth?
TeleHealth is the use of digital information and communication technologies, such as computers and mobile devices, to access health care services remotely and manage your health care. These may be technologies you use from home or that your doctor uses to improve or support health care services.
TeleHealth may be appropriate for many new patient visits and many follow-up visits. It is also a good way for patients to get specialty care and depending on the concern, it is a good alternative to urgent care clinics or emergency rooms for non-emergency situations.
What are the benefits of TeleHealth?
- No transportation time or costs – When you see your doctor on your mobile device or computer, you can save money on gas, parking, and public transportation.
- No need to take time off of work – You can schedule your appointment during a break, or before or after work. You can do the visit from anywhere that you feel offers you enough privacy. There’s no need to waste your precious paid time off.
- Eliminate child or elder care issues – If you have the responsibility for caring for children or older adults, finding someone to fill in can be a challenge, as can bringing them along. TeleHealth lets you see your doctor while managing your family responsibilities.
- Less exposure to illness – While we take great care to keep patients from passing illness to each other, the fact is that doctor’s offices are full of sick people. With a video visit, there’s no chance that you’ll catch something from another patient.
- Improved health outcomes – When you are able to see your us as often as you need to you put yourself on the path to better health.
Is it secure?
To utilize TeleHealth, we will use a solution designed specifically to protect patient information and adhere to the strict standards of HIPAA.
Can an accurate diagnosis be made using TeleHealth?
We do realize that not every appointment type is right for TeleHealth. We can help guide you as to whether a TeleHealth visit is right for you.
Does insurance cover TeleHealth?
During normal times, there can be restrictions on insurance coverage for TeleHealth. With the current COVID-19 crisis, however, most, if not all insurance companies are allowing coverage for this service.